Tuesday, October 25, 2005
US Military Death Toll Hits 2000 in Iraq
Of course the official death toll doesn't include:
* Mercenaries (who are recently ex-SEAL/DELTA/Special Forces/Rangers/etc. and doing most of the wet work anyway)
* Deaths that occur "out-of-theatre" I.E. you get you leg blow off by IED and you bleed to death on the medivac to West Germany congrats...you weren't killed in Iraq...you died "Out-of-Theatre"
* Die years later from depleted uranium, US chemical weapons exposure, etc.
* US Soldiers permanently crippled and disfigured
* 30,000 - 100,000+ dead iraqi civilians